435. [The Blessed One:] Monk, you live in the great forest. You’re suffering from an illness due to a wind disorder. You don’t even receive enough of the four requisites. How do you live this tough life?
436. [Nahātakamuni:] Joy and happiness have spread through my body. It is because of this that I endure my tough life and live in the forest.
437. Developing the Seven Enlightenment Factors, Five Spiritual Faculties, Five Spiritual Powers and the subtle Jhānas, I live in this forest without taints.
438. I live free from defilements. My mind is not disturbed by anything. It is purified. I always investigate wisely. I live without taints.
439. Those internal and external taints I had previously were uprooted with nothing remaining. They will never rise again.
440. I fully understood the Five Aggregates of Clinging. Now they stand without roots. I achieved the destruction of suffering. There is no more rebirth for me.
These verses were said by Arahant Nahātakamuni.