Some of the most popular suttas can be really hard to find. So we included some of them in the list below. You might also want to check the page of paritta chants.
[siq_searchbox type=”search-bar” placeholder=”Or try searching the whole website…”]
- DN 22 Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta: Long Discourse on the Establishments Of Mindfulness A complete set of instructions for practicing mindfulness meditation.
- DN 31 Sigāla Sutta: Advice to Sigālaka The Buddha gives advice to a young man on how to live a good life as a lay person.
- MN 10 Satipaṭṭhāna Sutta: Discourse on the Establishments of Mindfulness A complete set of instructions for practicing mindfulness meditation.
- SN 7.2 Akkosaka Sutta: Akkosaka Should you accept the gift of angry words?
- SN 45.2 Upaḍḍha Sutta: Half the Spiritual Life
- SN 56.11 Dhamma Cakkappavattana Sutta: Setting In Motion the Wheel of Dhamma The Supreme Buddha’s very first sermon.
- SN 56.31 Siṁsapā Sutta: In the Indian Rosewood Forest There are many things that the Buddha did not teach us because they are irrelevant, unbeneficial and do not lead to Nibbāna.
- Snp 1.8 Metta Sutta: Discourse on Loving-Kindness How to practice loving-kindness meditation.
- Snp 2.1 Ratana Sutta: Jewels Discourse This sutta was taught by the Supreme Buddha as a protection for the city of Rājagaha when it was overcome with famine, disease, and evil spirits. It explains the qualities of the Triple Gem.
- Snp 2.4 Mahā Maṅgala Sutta: Discourse on Blessings The Supreme Buddha teaches a humble devata about ways that we can collect blessings into our lives.